The Intern role is based at Jameel Arts Centre, Dubai, and is part of a dynamic Communications team that strives to build public and industry awareness of Art Jameel’s programmes and the artists and practitioners we work with. This role works closely with the Communications Manager and Social Media Specialist. It includes a focus on drafting bilingual content for various communications purposes, collecting materials, updating databases and media lists, tracking projects and media exposure, preparing presentations and reports.
The Intern also assists with media and community outreach and marketing (supporting the Communications and Outreach Managers, as well as external agencies,) with a focus on assisting with research and writing, including drafting and disseminating press releases, e-shots and newsletters.
This position is suited for a young enthusiastic communications professional with previous experience in a PR or creative agency. The ideal candidate is UAE-based, passionate about the arts (particularly in UAE, KSA and broader region), has strong organisational and communication skills, enjoys reading and writing and is open to learning.
The position requires high-level proficiency in written and spoken Arabic and English.
The Intern reports to the Manager, Communications.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Help implement communications strategies and providing administrative support to promote exhibitions and different programmes
- Work with the in-house Graphic Designer and external designers and video editors to develop campaigns, videos, identities, designs, photography and videography for exhibitions, programmes and events
- Oversee translation process and manage relationships with external translators, including assistance with final proofing
- Liaise with various departments to collect necessary content for Art Jameel’s monthly newsletter, press releases and manage scheduled mailout
- Assist with monthly, weekly and occasional dispatches via Mailchimp and other communications tools
- Research and source images and information from and for in-house programmes, artists, curators and partners for media outreach and press enquiries
- Complete website updates and maintain and grow the image library including captioning and archiving
- Collecting data and maintaining databases
- Support the Communications Manager and Social Media Specialist in planning and pitching editorials and advertorials as well as digital marketing and print advertising opportunities
University student or recent graduate
Available full-time during the internship (three months)
Natural leader with an entrepreneurial mindset and a passion for taking initiative
Strong communications (verbal and written) skills and a positive and welcoming attitude
Passion for arts and arts education
UAE residency holders
Fluent in English (spoken and written)
Experience using communications softwares and tools, specifically Mailchimp
Conditions of Work
- Occasional weekend and evening work according to events and programmes is as required