This Communications Coordinator role is based at Jameel Arts Centre, Dubai, and is part of a dynamic team that strives to build public and industry awareness of Art Jameel’s programmes and the artists and practitioners we work with. This role has a focus on planning and managing several, high-profile social media accounts and websites, and working with in-house curators to develop engaging, bilingual campaigns that bring in audiences for exhibitions, learning and public programmes, shop and restaurant. The Communications Coordinator also assists with media and community outreach and digital marketing (supporting the Communications Manager and external agencies,) with a focus on research and writing, including drafting and disseminating press releases and newsletters.
The Communications Coordinator reports to the Manager, Communications.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Play a key role in the Communications department for Art Jameel locally and globally; support managerial team leaders including those in Communications, Outreach and Strategy.
- Coordinate digital marketing and engaging, informative social media campaigns across all platforms (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, including monthly reports on social media growth and analytics).
- Work with the in-house Graphic Designer (and on occasion, external designers and creatives) to develop campaigns, identities, design, photography for exhibitions, programmes, events, Art Jameel Shop and other initiatives and enterprises.
- Research and source images, information from and for in-house programmers, artists, curators and partners for media outreach and press enquiries.
- Complete website updates and maintain and grow the image library.
- Coordinate press trips and outreach events.
- Support the Communications Manager in planning and pitching editorials and advertorials as well as digital marketing and print advertising opportunities.
- Stay abreast of trends and movements in the art industry, researching and supporting Art Jameel’s close collaborators and partners on social media.
- Work closely with the Programmes and Learning departments to devise seamless communications plans for Jameel Arts Centre and Art Jameel events and initiatives.
- Liaise with external partners on co-programmed events to ensure alignment of communications efforts.
- Support and align communications with Art Jameel’s other Centre in Jeddah, Hayy Jameel, when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or a related field.
- 3 years experience in a creative or arts environment, looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced, fast-growing global organisation.
- Confidence in written and verbal communication, including a good standard of written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Commitment to high quality output and an attentiveness to detail.
- Strong organisational skills, including the ability to multitask, plan ahead and work to tight deadlines.
- Interested in and enthusiastic about arts and culture in the Middle East, particularly the UAE and KSA.
Conditions of Work
- All members of the Art Jameel team take shifts on the Welcome Desk (at least 1 day every 2-4 weeks).
- Occasional weekend and evening work according to events and programmes is as required.
- Full health & dental insurance
- Visa sponsorship, if needed
- 25 days annual leave