This Facilities Coordinator will be responsible for the management of services and processes that support the core business of the Jameel Art Centre, including both strategic planning and day-to-day operations of the centre. The facilities coordinator will oversee facilities service providers such as building maintenance and cleaning companies and report to the Senior Operations Manager.
Deadline to apply: April 30, 2019.
- Oversee providers for services including security, parking, cleaning, catering, technology and so on
- Ensure that basic facilities, such as water and heating, are well-maintained
- Ensure that facilities meet government regulations and environmental, health and security standards
- Advise on increasing energy efficiency and cost-effectiveness
- Oversee building projects, renovations or refurbishments
- Manage utilities and communications infrastructure
- Previous experience in similar role
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to lead and manage teams and projects
- Attention to detail but also the ability to see the implications for the bigger picture
- Organisation, time management, prioritising and the ability to handle a complex, varied workload
Conditions of Work
This is a full time permanent position. In addition to salary, the benefits you are eligible to receive are 25 days annual holiday and Health Insurance. Phone allowances will be provided where applicable. The candidate will be required to work occasional weekends and evenings as required.
Art Jameel is an organisation that supports artists and creative communities. Our programmes foster the role of the arts in building open, connected communities; at a time of flux and dramatic societal shifts, we see this role as more crucial than ever.
Art Jameel’s current initiatives include running heritage arts schools and restoration programmes, plus a broad range of arts and educational initiatives for all ages.
Our model is collaborative: major institutional partners include the Victoria and Albert Museum, the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the Prince’s School of Traditional Arts; locally, the foundation works with individuals and organisations to develop innovative programming that embraces both ancient and new technologies, and encourages entrepreneurship and the development of cultural networks.
Art Jameel is positioned alongside Community Jameel, and complements its sister organisation’s work in promoting positive social change, job creation and poverty alleviation across the Middle East, North Africa and Turkey.
Jameel Arts Centre, Dubai, is an institution dedicated to contemporary art and research, founded and programmed wholly by the organization. On the other hand, Hayy Creative Hub, Jeddah, is a home for the creative industries at large, founded by Art Jameel, where the organisation also runs an Arts Centre, theatre and other shared facilities.