Art Jameel offers a wide range of volunteer opportunities, internships and full time roles which allow team members to enrich and develop their love of the arts while contributing to skills and talents to the Centre.
Our curatorial and educational programmes provide avenues for working with talented regional and international arts professionals. Throughout the year a variety of roles may become available, both in front-facing positions as well as behind the scenes.
Jobs at Jameel Arts Centre
Volunteering at Jameel Arts Centre
Get an inside scoop on Art Jameel’s dynamism through our volunteer programme! Arts enthusiasts and those looking to explore creative career paths are encouraged to apply.
About Creative Careers Days
Creative Careers Days is an annual event aimed at helping high school and university students, educators, and young professionals in the UAE explore opportunities in the arts. It’s a three-day festival where attendees can discover various roles within the arts ecosystem, from business to humanities, and connect with industry experts.
The fair offers inspirational talks, workshops, and opportunities to engage with leading arts organisations and universities. Jameel Arts Centre is the vibrant backdrop, providing a platform for career consultations, educational resources, and entertainment. As volunteers, you’ll play a crucial role in making this event successful, assisting attendees and ensuring they have a valuable experience.
Jameel Arts Centre volunteers play diverse and vital roles. They engage with visitors, guiding them through exhibitions and kindling their passion for art. Volunteers also support creative endeavours by assisting workshop facilitators with logistical tasks and inspiring and helping participants.
- Tailor your assistance to visitors’ needs, ensuring they have a memorable journey
through our spaces.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of our spaces, becoming a go-to source for
navigating the galleries and exhibitions effectively.
- Be the friendly presence that leads visitors through our spaces, offering directions
and enhancing their journey through galleries and exhibitions.
- Share your passion for art and culture while engaging with visitors, providing insights
about exhibitions and creating meaningful connections.
- Engage in enriching conversations with visitors, deepening their understanding of art
and culture and leaving a lasting impression.
- Contribute to a seamless workshop experience by ensuring supplies, setup, and
logistics are well-organised and efficient.
- Effectively manage booths and information stations, offering visitors valuable insights
and assistance and enhancing their engagement with our cultural offerings.
- Provide quick and effective resolutions to any unforeseen challenges during
workshops, showcasing your ability to maintain a positive and focused atmosphere.
- Inspire participants of all ages through creative workshops while contributing to our
cultural initiatives’ smooth operation.
Volunteers must be 16+ with a valid EID or student card.
Click here to apply.
Intern with Art Jameel
The Art Jameel Internship at Jameel Arts Centre is an annual internship scheme offering departmental work placements and bespoke learning opportunities for UAE-based practitioners interested in pursuing careers in the creative field.
Annual Internship Programme
The Internship Programme takes an embedded and hands-on approach to mentorship, providing intern’s the opportunity to gain experience in Exhibitions, Learning, Library, Visual Design, or Events. The annual internship programme runs from September to December.
- Offer an entry-point into the arts and cultural field
- Offer hands-on work experience, opportunity to gain practical experience
- Offer networking and mentorship opportunities
- Offer a dynamic Intern Career Development Programme
This programme includes the following key components:
Monthly Seminar Sessions – monthly roundtable sessions led by each department, enabling interns to learn more about the career paths and work of an arts organisation like Art Jameel
Field Trips – exclusive visits to local exhibitions, artist studios, film screenings, and so on, fostering industry knowledge and networking opportunities
Mentorship – regular one-on-one sessions with supervisors to discuss each intern’s interests, career goals, and answer any questions, an opportunity to gain and share new insights, advice, and direction
Assessment – two feedback and assessment sessions allowing for interns and supervisors alike to reflect on their experiences and develop further the programme
- University student or recent graduate
- Available for a full-time 3-month internship in Dubai between September 2022 – December 2022
- An entrepreneurial mindset and a passion for learning and taking initiative
- Open to collaboration and working with educators and artists across different institutions
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent time management, communication (verbal and written), and organisation skills
- Passion for arts, culture and community
- Valid UAE residency holders; Able to acquire NOC from sponsor
- Arabic fluency is a plus
- Driver’s license is a plus
Candidates are selected based on merit, growing expertise and commitment to their career path via a rigorous committee-led screening and interview process.
Applications for the Fall Cycle of Art Jameel’s Internship Programme at Jameel Arts Centre is now closed.
If you are interested in internship opportunities in our sister centre in Jeddah, please visit the Hayy Jameel website to learn more.