This position is ideally suited to an up and coming graphic designer, or fresh grad, with and an interest in the arts and arts institutions. The Designer will work with various team members to support the design needs of Art Jameel.
Deadline to apply: April 30,2019.
- Support the Art Jameel team in project design and implementation
- Create original graphic content that appeals to a wide variety of audiences
- Assists in production of video, print, and web materials as needed
- Carry out ideas from concept to delivery
- Take part in marketing campaign strategy sessions
- Proof designs for errors prior to printing or publishing
- Approach to brand aesthetics intuitively
- Bachelor’s degree in art/media/design/multimedia/visual communication or comparable portfolio and experience
- Well versed in Adobe Suite
- Expertise in designing websites, digital creative and interactive media
- Ability to quickly and effectively communicate concepts through sketches, storyboards and wireframes
- Able to work calmly and quickly to deadline, with great attention to detail
- Able to embrace and thrive in a collaborative work environment
Conditions of Work
This is a full time permanent position. In addition to salary, the benefits you are eligible to receive are 25 days annual holiday and Health Insurance. Phone allowances will be provided where applicable. The candidate will be required to work occasional weekends and evenings as required.
Art Jameel is an organisation that supports artists and creative communities. Our programmes foster the role of the arts in building open, connected communities; at a time of flux and dramatic societal shifts, we see this role as more crucial than ever.
Art Jameel’s current initiatives include running heritage arts schools and restoration programmes, plus a broad range of arts and educational initiatives for all ages.
Our model is collaborative: major institutional partners include the Victoria and Albert Museum, the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the Prince’s School of Traditional Arts; locally, the foundation works with individuals and organisations to develop innovative programming that embraces both ancient and new technologies, and encourages entrepreneurship and the development of cultural networks.
Art Jameel is positioned alongside Community Jameel, and complements its sister organisation’s work in promoting positive social change, job creation and poverty alleviation across the Middle East, North Africa and Turkey.
Jameel Arts Centre, Dubai, is an institution dedicated to contemporary art and research, founded and programmed wholly by the organization. On the other hand, Hayy Creative Hub, Jeddah, is a home for the creative industries at large, founded by Art Jameel, where the organisation also runs an Arts Centre, theatre and other shared facilities.