Logistics and Administration Coordinator
Jameel Arts Centre, Dubai
Art Jameel is looking for a Logistics and Administration Coordinator to join our Exhibitions and Collections team and provide creative and efficient solutions for artwork shipping, artwork loans and exhibitions logistics, plus administration support. The Logistics and Administration Coordinator will work with both the Collections and Exhibitions departments at Art Jameel and with multiple suppliers and partners, ensuring that all requirements are delivered in the most organised and cost-effective way possible. This role incorporates a range of administration activities including tracking and payment of invoices; logistics and shipping of artwork; production of records and documents; data entry; filing; obtaining quotes; record management; liaising with internal and external parties; and additional duties as required. Art Jameel is committed to reducing its emissions and this role will be instrumental in supporting the organisation’s goals to work in a more sustainable manner.
This position is suited to an enthusiastic, collaborative, meticulous and detail-oriented individual with strong administration, communication and coordination skills. Knowledge and experience working within a logistics, shipping and/or administration environment, and knowledge of procurement procedures and general office administration, are essential. The ideal candidate is UAE-based.
This role reports to the Head of Collections
Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinate all aspects of shipping and movement of artwork, domestically and internationally.
- Support and monitor the movement of artwork, including overseeing the fabrication of crates and packing artwork, preparing packing lists, shipping invoices, memos, and other documents as required.
- Liaise with local and overseas agents, museums, galleries, artists, suppliers, and transport companies to facilitate the movement of artwork.
- Work closely with Art Jameel’s onsite and offsite storage facilities.
- Oversee multiple shipments and payment requests while working on projects simultaneously with the Collection and Exhibition teams.
- Work to improve the logistics process by negotiating with suppliers, increasing efficiency, reducing unnecessary steps, and creating innovative solutions for logistical issues.
- Create policies, safety procedures, risk management programs, and supply chain processes as needed to increase logistical efficiency and cost-effectiveness
- Create and maintain an orderly and meticulous filing management system for all logistics and administration related material (shipping, finance, etc)
- Work closely with the Collection, Exhibition, and Finance teams by contributing to the preparation of budget estimates, updating budget spreadsheets, processing invoices and other procurement requirements when required.
- Logistics and shipping experience within removals, museums, galleries or fine art
- Experience and knowledge of office administration
- Experience and knowledge of finance and procurement procedures
- Excellent problem-solving abilities along with oral and written communication skills (written and spoken fluency in English)
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Office applications, email services, and the internet as well as a willingness to learn new computer skills as required
- Adaptability to last-minute requests and a fast-paced working environment
- Ability to work independently, including making decisions affecting company resources
- Understanding and/or experience with domestic and international customs authorities
- Experience and knowledge of art handling
- Oral and written communication skills in Arabic (as well as English)
Conditions of Work
- This is a full-time position based in Dubai, UAE
- Full health & dental insurance
- Visa sponsorship, if needed
- 25 days annual leave