Down to Earth, the UAE’s annual festival celebrating all things green, returns for its third edition on Sunday, November 27, 2022 from 10am to 8pm.
Free and open to everyone, Down to Earth features rolling, day-long, drop-in workshops for all ages in the festival’s outdoor arts and crafts zone, demonstrations and information stalls for children, teens and adults themed around sustainable living, plus a programme of talks by eco and sustainability experts. Spanning across Jameel Arts Centre and the Jaddaf Waterfront Sculpture Park, the yearly festival also includes a Green Bazaar, which offers a broad variety of indoor and outdoor plants, plus related eco-conscious and sustainability-aware gifts and products from local businesses, while the Art Jameel Shop features a special festival-themed collection of books and design objects.
New to this edition of Down to Earth is the first Farmer’s Market – a collaboration with Teible, the farm-to-fork restaurant located at Jameel Arts Centre. The Farmer’s Market invites local farmers offering fresh seasonal produce directly to the community while raising awareness about sustainable practices.
- Refillable water bottle
- Picnic blanket
- Cash and small bills
- Dried flowers (for an exciting clay printing workshop)
- Empty plastic/glass jars with lids (for a DIY terrarium workshop)
- Recycle coffee pods, used batteries and plastic bottles – experience the first ever smart reverse waste bin by BEEAH Tandeef
- Books and Toys
- Home decor
- Music & Video (cassettes, vinyl, CDs etc)
- Small Electronic items
- Accessories and Bags
- Miscellaneous (anything from stickers to stationary to little trinkets)
- Self Care and Beauty
- Kitchen items
- *Disclaimer for Faire Trade: Food and Beverage are not allowed for trade and Large items (If you need two people to carry it, don’t bring it)
Down to Earth’s 2022 Sustainability Partner: BEEAH TandeefSEE ALL EVENTS